Migrating student, office, and remaining faculty/staff accounts in CampusCruiser to a single email solution, Office 365 (a.k.a. WUmail).
One of the biggest problems with University communications has been caused by having two email solutions. This dual email solution continues to cause confusion among our clients, especially our students and the faculty who communicate with them.
After the migration, when you log into Campus Cruiser and select email you will automatically be signed into Office 365. The Cruiser LMS, Offices, Committees, and Web Advisor will still be available.
There are several additional benefits for students, faculty and staff, as each of us will also receive licenses for Microsoft Office suite on up to five personal devices, one terabyte of OneDrive disk space, mobile access for all devices, and many other applications.
The project team will guide the university to a single email solution. This process will include changing the Campus Cruiser authentication to the Widener single sign-on (SSO) page. This implementation will allow us to bring all Widener students into Office 365.
- Single email solution—and address—for all
- Outlook calendars to make scheduling meetings easier
- Office 2016 licenses for up to 5 devices. (Sorry, alumni accounts are excluded from this benefit due to Microsoft license agreement limitations.)
- One terabyte of OneDrive space
- 50GB email quota
- Mobile access to all platforms and devices
- Significant cost savings to the university
The project will first integrate our new Single Sign-On (SSO) with Campus Cruiser. Thereafter we will begin to create student accounts in Office 365.
March – Project announcement. (That’s this post.) ITS will begin to synchronize all Campus Cruiser accounts with our campus directory server.
April – Any employee can request to be migrated from CampusCruiser to Office 365 prior to June 5th by contacting the Help Desk for your campus. This includes email, calendar and contacts. Personal email lists will need to be re-created in Office 365.
May – Reminder emails will be sent out with a list of tasks that we will ask all CampusCruiser mail users to perform prior to June 2nd.
June 2 – June 5 – ITS and Campus Cruiser will migrate all accounts to @widener.edu and forward any email that is received as @mail.widener.edu. Students will begin using Office 365 on June 5th. Other than an intermittent outage on Sunday afternoon June 4th, no other outage is expected.
Employee accounts that do not forward as of February 1, 2017 will have their email migrated to Office 365. This is limited to a maximum of 2000 messages per folder.
- Students that would like to migrate their email will be provided instructions on how to connect their Campus Cruiser and WUmail accounts.
- All email addresses in Colleague, Active Directory, and Campus Cruiser’s Directory will be updated to reflect @widener.edu.
- All system distribution lists will be changed to reflect the new email addresses ending in @widener.edu.
- The personal forwarding option will be removed from Campus Cruiser. Clients that forward email to an external account will need to setup forwarding in Office 365 starting June 5th.
June 2017 – May 2018 – An ‘Archived Cruiser Email’ link will be provided in Campus Cruiser under the MyCruiser tab, available through May 2018.
All employees and students that used CampusCruiser email as their primary email account will be asked to remind their contacts to update their address book with the new email address to loginID@widener.edu. The @mail.widener.edu server will no longer receive/forward email messages as of May 31, 2018.
Should you have questions or concerns please contact or schedule to meet with us by email to email@example.com. Thank you for your patience while ITS brings you new services that we expect to enhance our institutional effectiveness.
Continue reading “Office 365 Email Migration”