It is time to celebrate! Our extensive review is complete and we have finalized our selection. Widener is officially partnering with Canvas by Instructure!
After months of demos, surveys, and meetings with stakeholders (including faculty, academic leaders, members of Faculty Council TIRC, students, academic support, disability services, and the list goes on), Canvas emerged as the best learning management platform for Widener.
The key attributes and benefits that Canvas offers include:
- Ease of Use – everything from course design to assignment grading is streamlined and simplified.
- Communication Tools – personalized settings for each user let you determine how and when to be notified. We were especially impressed with the incredibly adaptable and fluid calendar capabilities.
- Mobile App – the Canvas app recognizes that the ability to do everything on a mobile device is no longer a luxury, it is a necessity.
- Robust integrations – the ability to take advantage of useful third party plug-ins is integral to providing seamless technology (Office 365, Zoom, YouTube, etc.)
- Support – 24/7 for all instructors and students.
Take a look at our transition timeline for more information about the rollout. And remember to bookmark this page. As more project information becomes available, it will be posted here.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.