Due to a major shift to streaming technologies, as of July 1st, ITS will be taking on the responsibilities to provide cable TV to the Main Campus Residence Halls. Our Operations Department has done an outstanding job in the past, dealing with the logistical nightmare of handling over 1000 coax cables, remote controls, and set top boxes. We are excited to announce a new service that eliminates all of that!
XFINITY ON CAMPUS™
LIVE AND ON-DEMAND STREAMING TV AND DVR POWERED BY COMCAST
XFINITY On Campus™ is a service from Comcast enabling students to watch and record live television or to watch on-demand content directly in a web browser or mobile device with the Xfinity Stream app. The service is provided free as part of Widener University Main Campus Residence Life. For Television Sets, students must purchase a Roku player, from an authorized dealer, listed in details below.
- Watch over one hundred HD television channels with searchable program guide.
- Twenty hours of Comcast DVR. Schedule recording of up to two programs simultaneously and then play them back at any time. Recorded shows can optionally be downloaded to watch off-campus or entirely off-line.
- Watch thousands of XFINITY On-Demand programs at any time.
- Optional premium upgrades to add channels, premium networks (including HBO, NFL RedZone and more), sports packages, and international programming.
- TV Go / TV Everywhere supported for viewing when on-line but NOT on the campus network.
- Direct access to Comcast to report problems and get help via the Comcast XFINTY on Campus™ portal.
XFINITY On Campus™ is available to officially enrolled Widener University Main Campus Housing residents only. There are no fees or complicated registration steps required to use the service. Your computer or mobile device must be connected to the Widener Main Campus network to use most features.
- Exclusively for residents of Widener University Main Campus Housing.
- Widener user ID and password
- Active connection on the campus network (wired or wireless)
- Current versions of Windows and Mac OS X Operating System
- Current versions of Apple iOS and Android devices
- Current versions of select Kindle Fire devices
- Roku Player (or Roku enabled smart TV) to watch on a television set
For more information visit MyWidener and search for Cable TV.
Comcast also provides more information at https://support.xfinityoncampus.com/hc/en-us.
If you are having problems, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (610)499-1047 or submit aquick ticket