We are excited to announce that Widener University now has a license with Hypothesis, a social annotation tool installed directly into Canvas. Adding Hypothesis to readings in Canvas supports student success by placing active discussion right on top of course readings, enabling students and teachers to add comments and start conversations in the margins of texts. This integration works seamlessly with Canvas modules, assignments, and the SpeedGrader!
If you would like to get started, below are some resources to implement Hypothesis in your Canvas courses:
- How to set up Hypothesis readings through Canvas Modules
- How to set up Hypothesis readings through Canvas Assignments
- How to grade Hypothesis annotations in Canvas
- A student guide to Hypothesis in Canvas
Here are a few general Hypothesis resources, all of which could also be shared with students:
- Annotation etiquette for students
- An Illustrated Guide to Annotation Types
- Using images, links, and videos in annotations
If you have any questions about our partnership with Hypothesis, please reach out!