Attendance at Bridge Week Tech Tuesday was even greater than expected! Thank you to all that contributed to this full day of faculty development. The Senior Trainer we brought in from Canvas shared how impressed she was with our beautiful campus and your thoughtful questions.
Have you downloaded the Canvas apps yet?
Recent Canvas News
All Fall ’18 courses were loaded into Canvas on May 1st. The template has been polished and streamlined for greater efficiency. A few additional notes:
- Customize your dashboard – in the Courses tab, select the star next to the courses you want to see on your dashboard
- For help with importing materials into your classes, visit Passport to Canvas: Add Course Content- Files
- 24/7 Canvas Support is available via live chat or phone (833) 735-0335. They have already provided exceptional assistance to hundreds of callers over the last few months; take advantage of their expertise if you need it!
Important dates coming up
Per our previous Canvas blog post:
- All instructional materials on CampusCruiser should be downloaded prior to the start of the Fall ’18 semester. There is no direct transfer of materials from CampusCruiser into Canvas, so do allow yourself the time to accomplish this task.
- For guidance on bringing course content into OneDrive, visit: Passport to Canvas: O365 & Your Files. This self paced course also contains dozens of guides and short Widener-specific videos to help you navigate the transition.
- If you feel you will need assistance from TLT to get your classes up and running, be sure to schedule help via TLToffice@widener.edu before July 31st. August will be a very busy month for TLT and we want to make sure you get the support you need.
Your Textbooks and Canvas
Publisher content for the following textbooks have been integrated:
- Cengage MindTap
- McGraw-Hill Connect
- Pearson MyLab and Mastering
To use this content in your course, you will need to enable the link in your course navigation. For help with adding a textbook to your course, visit: Passport to Canvas: Linking Online Textbooks.
BIG NEWS! Weekly, Interactive Canvas Workshops throughout Summer
Light fare provided. Please join TLT for a series of two live, interactive Canvas workshops! Each session will focus on various features and functionalities necessary to get your classes running smoothly. These interactive workshops will run for 90 minutes in the FISHtank- Wolfgram Library. All sessions will be capped at 12 participants, so sign up soon!
WORKSHOP #1: Using Your Syllabus to Drive Your Canvas Course: Mastering Files, Settings, and Modules
In this work session, you will use your syllabus to design the organizational structure of your Canvas course. You will export your files from CampusCruiser, understand accessibility and file sharing permissions, and design your course layout.
WORKSHOP #2: Meeting Your Learning Objectives Through Assignments, Assessments, and Discussions
Join this session to dive deeper into Canvas by designing assignments, assessments, and discussions in your Canvas course. We will discuss various settings and uses of each tool and start building your content!