To add other items to your course navigation menu, you can use an app called Redirect Tool. To use this app,
- Click Settings in your course navigation menu
- Click the Apps tab
- Search for Redirect Tool, then select Add App
- In the “Name” field, enter the name of the resource that you’d like to appear in your course navigation menu.
- Enter the URL of the website or page in the “URL Redirect” field.
- Check “Show in Course Navigation.”
- Click submit.
- Refresh your page. The new item should appear in your course menu.
- A caveat: you should only use Redirect Tool to link to external web sources, not pages within your Canvas course. If there’s a resource that students need to access frequently, consider adding it to your course home page instead.