Things are progressing well on the Canvas implementation project. We know that many faculty members are eager to begin learning the new system and building courses, so we wanted to report on our progress so far:
- Loaded faculty, staff, and students into Canvas and connected their logins with our single sign-on process
- Created an easy-to-remember address: http://canvas.widener.edu
- Collaborated with our Canvas project team and group of faculty volunteers to build a default course template
- Activated the 24/7 Canvas help desk, which offers both Chat and Phone assistance to the entire Widener community
- Enabled an interactive Course Setup Checklist for all courses.
We are currently finalizing your training options. You will have flexible and unlimited access to training on features and best practices. Options include:
- Live Canvas-led interactive training webinars (WU-paid subscription)
- Recorded Canvas-led webinars
- Lynda.com Canvas courses.
- TLT workshops in the FISHtank
- Librarian-led content assistance via training, guides, and workshops
- Small group and 1-on-1 assistance
We will load Fall 2017 template courses before the end of October. Your students will not be in the classes, but you will have the opportunity to build your courses.
We will load Spring 2018 template courses into Canvas no later than the middle of November.
Just as a reminder, the CampusCruiser portal will continue to include your classes through the end of summer 2018. Here is a link to the ITS blog with the full Canvas implementation timeline.
Coming Soon: Training options and details!